Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Study Makeover--Part 3

  Okay, third and last part of our study makeover. :)  It has been done for a while, I just haven't made time to take pictures.
  So, now.... I made curtains, got our bookshelves put together, and hung some things on the walls. :) I'm sure we will do some moving around, but for now I am enjoying a beautiful, tidy study.

  The curtains!  I so enjoyed getting to make them with my sweet mother. :) And I love how they look in the study with my yellow desk. Now Layton wants to paint his desk grey. Hehe...

 My desk with decor in/on it. And the clock That I love!  I originally had this yellow desk in mind For crafting projects, but it has soon become my favorite place in the mornings, with my Bible, journal and iced coffee.  It is a place to put the rest of the world at rest for a few moments.
  Our bookshelves... I finally got them all put together again. I absolutely love our bookshelves.  A family we go to church with was getting rid if them and gave them to us for free. All we had to do was stain them!

  As you can see we don't have a lot of books yet, so they are mostly filled with picture frames. :)  When I was putting the books up this time I decided to try something a little different... I organized our religious books by color instead of author.  I really like how it turned out.  I think it ended up looking a little better since we don't have very many books.
 

  And lastly, the rest of our wall decor that is in the study for now. Both wedding presents... The painting on the right was done by a friend of ours. It has all the meanings of Layton and my's names combined To make the painting. We love it!
  So there you have it. Our study!  The one completed/updated room in our house. :)

~ Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment