Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Study Makeover--Part 2

  Okay... So this next project we did was a really fun one.  I had been looking forward to it ever since we decided to work on the study first.
  Before we get into the beautiful pictures let me give some background.
Last spring, mom, Tori, Rhiannon, Norah and I went up to Kansas to see family. My great-great aunt was getting rid of some furniture and asked if I wanted her desk. This desk had originally been my grandmothers and so I was pretty excited about owning something that had been handed down.
  So we put it in the truck and brought it back to TX with us.
  It was pretty old and needed some help. It was really wobbly. So Layton put a few screws in it and covered a few holes. Then began the days and days of working on it...
  
This is the before picture. We had already started on it so there is no old hardware in this picture. It was falling apart needless to say. ;)
  I know this doesn't seem like it would be important, but it is, trust me. Here is the before picture of the inside.
 This is the after picture. Yellow is of my new favorite accent colors. It turned out really good and looks great with the wall color, don't you think?  We also got some new knobs.  It took for coats of paint/primer to cover this desk... I thought it would never be finished. Haha...
And the after picture of the inside. I love the grey on the yellow and the tile will make for easy craft clean up. :)  And hopefully the yellow will make for many crafty ideas.
  Now I finally have my own space to work instead of the floor or the kitchen table. Hopefully now the kitchen table will stay clean and cleared off.  I have already started to fill the desk with my things and hopefully soon I will have pictures of the study as a whole for you. :)
  ~ Have a blessed day and go do something crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment