Monday, April 8, 2013

Gluten-Free/Grain-Free Eating {Chicken Potpie}

  I cannot even begin to tell you how in love I was with Pioneer Woman's Chicken Potpie.  I would continually crave it... the crust, the sauce, the veggies... all of it coming together to make one delicious mouth full of wonderfulness.
  Then we came to find out that I was allergic to wheat and hypoglycemic.  I was in quite a lot of despair when I came to realize that not being able to have wheat or sugar meant that I would have to alter every recipe in my box.
  Then I found this wonderful blog http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2011/12/delicious-urban-parents-nye-menu.html.  She has a lot of recipes and every single one I have tried has ended up in my recipe box.  All of her recipes are grain-free and processed sugar-free so we can eat them without having to alter anything.  I was very anxious to try her Chicken Potpie because the last one I had tried ended up being a major flop.
  I thought she had a lot of the same techniques as Pioneer Woman did with her Chicken Potpie.  These veggies are cooked and waiting for the gravy.
 The crust was super easy to make and was really good!  I have also recently tried her quiche crust which was amazing as well.
  Layton loved them too, which is always encouraging when you are trying to cook happy and healthy.  They are dairy-free as well, if you are trying to stay away from dairy as much as possible.
  Really good and definitely worth trying, even if you don't have to eat grain-free.

~Happy cooking and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment