Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY Projects {Coasters}

  So, I have been wanting to make some coasters for quite a while now.  I kept putting it off because we don't have a coffee table yet, so it seemed like we could get by okay for now.
  Well, then when my mom and dad moved into their new house my mom found some plain tiles left over from the house and gave them to Tori and I so we could make some coasters.  I decided on a more rustic coaster to match our decor better...
  You can not tear and distress the edges to make a "cleaner" coaster.  I just like how this turned out.  They are super simple though.  You just buy your tile, pick out some cute scrapbook paper, cut the paper the same size as the tile, then rip the paper and distress it, and then decoupage the paper onto the tile.

  Then I put these little rubber stickers on the bottom to make sure the rough tile doesn't scratch up my wooden furniture.  Now I can't wait to get my coffee table and start using these... super excited!!!
  Layton's favorite is the one on the back right... I personally love them all.  Especially when they are together.  :)

~Happy Monday and Happy House Projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment