Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Our First Christmas

   I know, it has been a while since Christmas, but we have been so busy that I am just now getting to this blog post.  :)
   We had a wonderful first Christmas.  And the best part to me was not the gifts or the decorations on the tree or the wonderful food, but the company... I could not stop thinking about the blessing of being married to this wonderful man.  Many of you do not know Layton and my's story, but if you are interested in knowing it, let me know and we can have coffee sometime.  There were many, many times that I thought Layton and I would never be married and then to be married and celebrating our first Christmas together was such a wonderful time.  A great time of reflection and gratitude.
   And then on top of all of that it is just fun to celebrate the birth of Christ with the people you love most.  :)


Upon Layton's request, I made chocolate chip waffles.
I also made homemade whip cream to go with them... so very yummy.  :)
Layton with his milk mustache...
He is in love with milk and would drink it constantly if I let him.  :)
Then we opened our HUGE stockings.....
I think we were both more excited to see the other person open theirs, though we were both curious as to what the other one got us.
I got Layton the new Kutless cd, A journal, Reese's pieces, mint M&Ms, white chocolate reese's, nutella snack, almond joys, scrabble titles (to play speed scrabble), and last but not least, Tim Hawkins tickets.  =D
Layton got me three candles, also Reese's pieces, A huge bag of coffee, truffles, burt's bees, Andes mints (my favorite), fuzzy socks, three sets of knitting needles, and last but not least, an iTouch.  =D

   We had a wonderful time and great fun.  Afterwards we went to my parents for dinner and fun. :)  I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

~Keep warm this cold, rainy day.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment