Friday, June 6, 2014

Baby Shower!

  I waited and waited for my baby shower to get here... it meant I was getting very close to the end.  I wanted it to be a month to six weeks out from my due date which ended up being perfect because that was when my sister was in town.  It would also give me something to do (indoor!) during that last stretch.
  My other wonderful sister was the hostess for my shower... she did an amazing job and I'm so very grateful for the turn out!
  These are my wonderful hostess that pulled the whole thing off!!!  My sister is to the right of me.  :)  So blessed by each of these ladies!
  These are my most amazing sisters and mother... They each mean the world to me and would be terrified to walk into this new adventure of kiddos without the wisdom each of these woman have (and my mother-in-law is included in this statement!).  God blessed me with many wonderful ladies surrounding me.
  My wonderful sister-in-law spoke a few words to start off the event.  She is two steps ahead of me down the road of motherhood.  With a 2 1/2 year old and 5 month old she is right in the thick of it and remembers all the details quite clearly.  ;)


  A few photos of gift opening... The bag on top was from Layton's grandmother.  The diaper bag I most wanted!  :)  Bottom left is a quilt that my sister made for my mother-in-law with salvaged material from an old family quilt that used fabrics from baby Hink's great-grandfather's old suits.  And the bottom right is me opening my grandmother's gift of homemade receiving blankets and a towel.  :)
  And lastly, the grandmas!  Both so excited!! This will be the first grandbaby on Layton's side which is always super exciting!  :)  It will be the third in less than a year on my side... cousin time should not be lacking!  :)
  So there you go!  To all who came and blessed baby Hink and myself... Thank you so much!  We were very overwhelmed by the giving and could not wait to get home and show it all to daddy.  ;)

~Enjoy your weekends!  39 Weeks tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment