Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It turned into a monster.....

  "It's no big deal!"  "Just a little paint and all will be well."  "We've done this tons of times, this time won't be any different."
  These are the things Layton and I said to each other before we started the big painting project... not knowing how big of a deal it would turn into.  =P
  It was a little bit of a last minute project.  Layton hated the paint color that was through the entire house and the living room had bugged him the most.  Not only was it a terrible khaki/gold/sometimes-looked-green color, but we had brown walls, brown carpet, and brown flooring through the dining room.  Everything was this weird khaki/brown!  So finally we decided to do something about it.
  I have to admit early on in this post that I was so afraid of getting anywhere near the color that was already on the walls that I swung a little bit too far in the other direction.  I have now learned my lesson... a lesson that all first time home owners and self fixer-uppers need to learn... the paint WILL look brighter when it is all over the walls.  :)  All of that to say it is brighter than what I wanted, but Layton loves it and it is better that khaki/green/gold.  ;)
  So here is our painting journey that turned into a monster...

  This is the before color... it's kind of hard to see in the weird lighting.  
  And here is Layton cutting in way up high.  :)  I did not want anything to do with the high stuff.  Usually I wouldn't care, but pregnant I didn't trust myself and my clumsiness.  The yellow looks really yellow next to the khaki which made me really nervous at first.
  So, we got the first coat of paint on and realized that we were going to need 3 coats, not 2.  It wouldn't have been a huge deal, but I was almost in my third trimester of pregnancy and just don't move very fast, Layton had some work and then on top of that we both came down with a stomach bug.  So this "small" painting project took about 3 weeks from beginning to end.  ;)
  And here it is... This isn't the best photo of color, but it's the same spot I took the other one so I figured why not.  ;)
  

  This is my house almost back in order.  I was so very glad once everything was put back where it went and everything was clean once again!  I get easily stressed out in a messy house.  :)  (this is probably the best picture of the color)
  And a preggo picture against the newly painted wall.  Third Trimester!!!  Glad to have this big project out of the way before this little one gets here!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment