Monday, July 22, 2013

Smoked Brisket and Flowers

  So, ever since Layton and I got married he has been anxious to start becoming a whiz at the grill.  He comes from a family of grillers and was ready to know if he had the touch.
  Well, at our apartment we only had a little tiny charcoal grill, definitely not smoking material.  =P  Then when we knew we would be moving he told me that he really wanted to look into getting a charcoal grill/smoker.  Well, as it turns out, the guy that lived there before us left his old grill and it had a smoker box underneath.  We were super blessed and excited.  :)  It isn't the best grill out there, but you can't beat free.
  So, after taking a few weeks to get settled in I bought a brisket and we started planning.  ;)  Last Saturday he started the grill up early and prepped the meat.  It smelled SO good!  It smoked for 5 hours and then cooked in the oven for 2.  Believe me when I say that those last two hours were not easy to sit through.
  We decided to go pretty traditional and had garlic mashed potatoes and roasted brussell sprouts.
  It was some seriously good food.  :)  Layton says the meat was a tad dry, but I think it was good and not at all bad for his first try.
  Soon he wants to try smoking some stuffed jalapenos.  I cannot wait for that experiment!  ;)
 On a slightly deferent note, Layton brought home flowers the other day.  :)  It always makes my day when he does so.  Those "Just Because" flowers will get you every time. <3

~God bless and a wonderful week to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment